What Information Does HFSA collect?
Hepatitis Foundation South Africa (HFSA) collects information from you when you register on the website, place an order, respond to a survey or communicate through e-mail.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our website. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How Does HFSA Use Your Information?
HFSA may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow HFSA to better fulfill your information and customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from HFSA, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How does HFSA Protect Visitor Information?
HFSA implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. This information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Does HFSA Use "cookies"?
HFSA may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (Chrome, Firefox, Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer, etc.) settings. Each browser is different, so review your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of HFSA’s services will not function properly.
Does HFSA Disclose the Information Collected to Outside Parties?
HFSA does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable
information unless advance notice is provided to you, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include (Hepatitis Foundation South Africa). It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating HFSA’s website, conducting our business, or fulfilling your requests, as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. HFSA may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others' rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How Can You Opt-out, Remove or Modify Information You Have Provided to HFSA?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let HFSA know by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, due to email production schedules you may receive emails already in production at the time you opt-out.
To delete all of your online information from our database email: email@example.com to remove your mailing addresses, billing addresses and payment information. Please note, HFSA may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, HFSA may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. HFSA therefore has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Future Changes to Our Policy
Questions and Feedback
HFSA welcomes your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only